Project Leader Software (Senior)
Vitestro is a fast-growing medical robotic company. We are the first in the world to develop a fully autonomous blood-drawing device. The venipuncture device uses infrared and ultrasound to localize the vein in the arm of the patient. A robotic positioning system controls the interaction between the ultrasound probe and the arm of the patient, while an ultrasound probe creates a 3D image of the vein using artificial intelligence (a.i.). The optimal insertion location is determined by the software algorithms to position the needle in the middle of the vein of the patient and draw its blood.
Vitestro develops and tests its technology in clinical trials performed at several hospitals. With our multidisciplinary team of >35 people we strive to innovate and improve clinical diagnostics, increasing resilience of our healthcare systems.
As project leader, you will be responsible for facilitating the agile software development process, assisting the software teams in delivering value, aligning with the stakeholders, and driving for improvements, this includes:
- Keeping an overview of short-term and long-term software and product related goals & planning
- Ensuring the software team meets these challenging targets while maintaining software quality
- Interacting daily with all the software teams to align on the progress
- Support and unburden software architects & engineers with assistance where necessary
- Facilitate software meetings and agile development
- Anticipating on extra resources that might be required
As our ideal candidate:
- Has a track record of leadership in (embedded) agile software development
- Has the sense of urgency required for bringing our breakthrough product to the market successfully. This is reflected in your ability to deliver on deadlines
- Is intrinsically motivated, willing to work hard and are going the extra mile for your team
- Is eager to learn and thrive on working with a variety of state-of-the-art technologies
- Has a passion for (medical) robotics and computer vision
What is your must-have skillset?
- >8 years demonstrated experience in leading software teams
- Senior leadership skills to empower the software team and increase output
- Is able to zoom out on product level, but also zoom in to important details which could be road blocking
- Master’s degree (MSc) or Bachelors degree (BSc), preferably in software development
What is your nice-to-have skillset?
- Experience with IEC 62304
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary including pension plan
- Stock options, to become ‘co-owner’ of a fast-growing company
- An awesome working environment, with highly ambitious and talented people
- Down-to-earth culture with many out-of-work activities
What do you need to know before applying?
You will have a key role in one of the most promising scale-ups in the Netherlands, you will report to the Head of engineering. We need a go-getter who enjoys reaching its goals. This position is demanding and requires your full focus.
Recruitment agencies: we are not looking to collaborate.