Head of Software
At Vitestro, we are technology enthusiasts - looking for a Head of Software who is equally passionate about developing a completely new robotic system.
We are developing a medical robotics device that has the potential to touch the lives of a billion patients. As we are treading down a path where not many people have ever gone before, we are looking for inventors who like to push boundaries…
Structure of the software team:
The head of software leads the software team. Three lead software engineers are responsible for the sub-disciplines, i.e. real-time robot control, computer vision/AI, and patient & hospital integration (incl. cloud-based back-end). Currently, the total software team consists of eight software engineers, with three vacancies.
~ 1/3 of your time, you manage the software team, responsibilities include:
- Defining software architecture, together with software leads who are in charge of their disciplines.
- Keeping overview of short-term and long-term planning, ensuring the software team meets challenging timelines.
- Anticipating extra resources that are required and identify tasks to be allocated to external parties when necessary.
- Representing the software team in the management team in periodically held management meetings.
~ 2/3 of your time, you are responsible for cracking the most difficult software and system problems we encounter:
- Guiding high-level software product decisions, in close collaboration with other disciplines (hardware, QA/RA, clinical).
- Diving deeply in technical problems we encounter; coming up with solutions and assisting with implementation/verification, working closely together with both software and hardware colleagues.
- Safeguarding the robustness of the software along the way, leading to a successful product launch.
As our ideal candidate:
- You have a track record of leadership in high-tech software development, bringing embedded devices to the market.
- You are an inventor by trade, building on exceptional problem-solving skills. Persistence is key - you basically can’t sleep before you have solved the issue and you will do everything in your power to solve problem.
- You are eager to learn and thrive on working with a variety of state-of-the-art technologies.
- You are intrinsically motivated, willing to work hard and are going the extra mile for your team. You have the sense of urgency that is required for bringing our breakthrough product to the market successfully, as one of the first teams worldwide. This is reflected in your ability to deliver on deadlines.
What is your must-have skillset?
- Demonstrated experience in leading (high-tech) software teams
- >10 years of experience with developing real-time software in C++
- Experience with test-driven development (C++ or python)
- Familiar with Linux
- Proficient level of understanding of python and web technologies
- Master’s degree (WO) in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
What is your nice-to-have skillset?
- Experience with software development for moving hardware devices
- Experience with software development for medical devices (IEC 62304)
- Passion for (medical) robotics and computer vision
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary including pension plan
- Stock options, to become ‘co-owner’ of a fast-growing company
- An awesome working environment, with highly ambitious and talented people
- Down-to-earth culture with many out-of-work activities (like our ski trip last February)
- High-tech development environment, we love pioneering and new technologies
What do you need to know before applying?
As head of software, you will join the management of Vitestro. You will have a key role in one of the most promising scale-ups in the Netherlands. We have grown the company from 4 to 25 highly skilled people within 2 years, and we are still in the early stages.
We need a go-getter who enjoys solving one of the toughest software challenges out there. This leadership position is demanding and requires your full focus. Regular overtime comes with the job. You will be compensated accordingly including option package. Note: this means that if you are looking for a 9 to 5 job, we do not see a match.
For questions please contact Venetia de Wit at tel 06-15850813 or email@example.com.
For recruitment agencies – no thank you.