Who we are
Vitestro will be the first to bring autonomous blood drawing technology to European hospitals. Blood drawing, performed billions of times per year worldwide, is key to clinical diagnosis. Given the mounting shortages of healthcare personnel and global population growth, there is a clear need for a future-proof system to guarantee continuity of care.
To help solve this problem we are developing an autonomous blood drawing device. We are the first in the world to develop a fully autonomous blood drawing device using a combination of state-of-the-art A.I. and robotics. Our multidisciplinary team of ~50 people consists of highly specialized hardware and software engineers, but has recently grown in other roles as well (e.g., Clinical, Business Development, HR). We closed our Series A financing round in December 2022 and next year our focus will be on bringing our device to the market in hospitals and laboratories, growing our team further as we professionalize the organization, and preparing for our Series B fundraising round.
We are ambitious and strongly believe that we have only just started!
About the job
As Business Controller at Vitestro you will be responsible for financial management, financial reporting, and strategic financial projects. You will shape the finance function as we continue to scale up our organization.
Your tasks/responsibilities include:
- Financial management of the company (liquidity management, budgeting, cash flow forecasting)
- Financial reporting to shareholders
- Implementation of a new ERP system
- Subsidy reporting (currently WBSO, Kansen voor West, Innovatiekrediet)
- Communication with external stakeholders (e.g., external financial services provider, subsidy providers, auditors, banks)
- Investigation of potential future constructions for leases to finance the company’s products
Vitestro’s automated blood drawing technology is not yet on the market, but market launch is planned for 2024. Your timing is perfect: you will be joining Vitestro during a highly interesting period. We recently closed our Series A financing round, in 2023 we will start production, and in 2024 we expect first sales. Therefore, the next 24 months in particular will be incredibly important and exciting from a finance perspective, and will provide a unique opportunity to grow within the role.
You will work closely with our CFO, our external financial services provider, and our new ERP system provider. This year, we will start implementation of an ERP system for production/inventory/procurement, and next year we will expand our ERP system with further finance modules. For this role you should have a background in business, economics, finance, accounting, control, or related fields. You have strong project management and communication skills, you are excellent with numbers and have strong attention to detail. We will help you to grow into a central role that facilitates the further professionalization of our organization, master financial reporting for subsidies and investors, and understand and shape processes and systems in a complex R&D and production company.
What is your must-have skillset?
- 3 to 7 years of experience as business controller and/or in one of the following areas:
- Fluency in Dutch and English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Dutch: HBO or WO) in finance and control, business administration, economics, accounting or anything similar
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Nice to have: experience in working with ERP systems
- Nice to have: experience with implementation of an ERP system
- Nice to have: experience with financial reporting for institutional investors
- Nice to have: experience with managing subsidies
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary including pension plan
- Stock option package, to become co-owner
- Training budget aligned with your interests and business needs
- An inspiring working environment:
-Work with driven and talented colleagues, that love to realize breakthroughs
-Experience an open culture, where direct feedback is strongly encouraged
-Focus on team play, including frequent out-of-work activities
-Daily lunches in the office
What do you need to know before applying?
We need a go-getter who enjoys working with numbers. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about reaching challenging goals as a team. A fit with our team values is important: Contribution to Patient Care, Realizing Breakthroughs, Team Play, Ownership & Dedication, and Champions League (playing at the highest level).
For questions, please contact Mandla Malaba, email@example.com.
For recruitment agencies – no thank you.